10 Choices You Will Regret In 10 Years
Regret is often the bitterest pill to swallow, and regret is a painful emotion that often gets worse over time, rather than better. To avoid feeling regret someday, here are ways to steer
1. Don’t let someone else dictate your dreams. In order to live a full and happy life, you have to be authentically you. Never allow someone else to tell you what career path to follow, or whom to love. Allow yourself to know what you enjoy and what makes you happy, and then make sure you are free to do so. Don’t be afraid of being misunderstood by others – the only person that really needs to understand what you are doing is you.
2. Be careful of the company you keep. Even if you aren’t worried about losing your reputation by surrounding yourself by bad people, negative people they will inevitably be a negative influence on your spirits. Instead, open your life and make room for the people who make you feel good about yourself, your life and goals and who will be a positive influence.
3. Stop faking it. You should never have to hide your true self in this world, especially if it is to make others think better of you. Being authentic to yourself allows you to fully enrich all aspects of your personality.
4. Keep growing. Learn something new, however small, every day. This keeps you from
5. Never give up. Learn to see set-backs as lessons, not failures and use the lesson to grow.
6. Be kind, Always. The most painful regrets often involve critical words, ego clashes or selfishness. Remember that kindness is what makes people missed, not cruelty.
7. Don’t procrastinate – It goes faster than you think. Never assume you have an unlimited number of tomorrows. Get started on your dreams now!
8. Take responsibility. Be an adult, admit your faults and weaknesses, and make the changes to get your life and maturity in order.
9. Don’t settle. If you know you deserve better, move on. Period.
10. Let the little things slide. There are enough big problems in this world. Don’t borrow worry.
missing out on new opportunities.
clear of this destructive mental state: