The holiday season is a time when people should be with family and friends. Do not concern yourself with not being in a relationship this time of year. Embrace the people who have been with you all through the years and enjoy the holidays with them. The holiday season is a time of joy and happiness. Take the time to be grateful for the people who are in your life now. Do not lose the moment by being pensive about being single. The single people who feel lonely during the season are really not lonely. They fail to see they are never alone. People always have the choice on how they will enjoy their holiday. It is all about having confidence from within to not feel lonely.
Here are 10 things a person can do to not feel lonely during the holiday season:
1) Invite your closest friends to your place for dinner and cocktails.
2) Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
3) Go to church and praise the lord.
4) Be grateful for the people in your life and show them how you appreciate them.
5) Know that it is not about you it is about bringing joy to someone else.
6) Check on a sick or elderly neighbor and spend some quality time with them.
7) Do something that will make you feel good about yourself.
8) Go to a comedy club and laugh out loud.
9) Call up an old friend you have not spoken to in years and say Happy Holidays!
10) Take a road trip to a city or state you would love to explore.
There are so many more things a person can do to shake the holiday blues away and be joyous. It is making the choice to be and stay happy. A person does not have to feel lonely and feel sorry for him or herself during the holidays.
By Claire Guerre