Several folks have asked for the punch recipe I mentioned in our last Party Planning post. I’m happy to share it.
This punch is great for any party and looks especially festive for Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 bottle champagne (Korbel Brut works great)
- Small amount of Grand Marnier (or any orange liqueur you prefer)
- Red sugar
- Green sugarI
- In a saucepan, bring water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon and cloves.
- Cool to room temperature and pour into a large pitcher.
- Add cranberry juice and pineapple juice.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- At serving time, add 1 bottle of chilled champagne.
I usually make 4 batches of this recipe for parties with around 25 in attendance. I prepare all 4 at once but divide the base into 4 separate containers and store those in the frig. When it’s time for another batch, I pour the base into my pitcher and add the cranberry and pineapple juice, along with the champagne, right before serving.